2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest black people in Africa.
6. A person from Botswana is called Motswana, the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called Mosotho.
8. A person from Niger is called Nigerien.
9. A person from Burkina Faso is called Burkinabe.
10. By the time he left office to exile in Saudi Arabia Idi Amin Dada, left Uganda without any domestic and international debt.
11. Zimbabwe’s former president Robert Mugabe, who was overthrown in 2017 by his then sacked Vice President Emerson Mnangagwa, until then he was the most educated president in the world with 7 degrees, two of them are masters.
12. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa.
13. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in European competition.
14. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa.
15. Zinadine Zidane wanted to play for Algeria but the selector rejected him, saying they have already many players like him in the team.
16. Former Zimbabwe’s president, Robert Mugabe, who claimed to be the most celebrated leader in Africa, more than Mandela, for fighting for what he had been jailed for, that is, true political and economic freedom of People of Zimbabwe, was jailed for 11 years during colonial period.
17. As of 2017, Robert Mugabe was Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State.
18. The Seychelles are the most educated Africans. Seychelles literacy rates (Adults: 92%, Youths: 99%) Zimbabwe is the second (Adults: 91.2%, Youths: 99%).
19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than USA and England.
20. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7th, 2014.
21. South Africa has the highest most Grammy awards winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia economy is growing faster than China’s.
23. Eritrea’s president Isaias Afwerk is the least richest president in Africa.
24. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without being colonised.
25. Haile Selassie I was the 225th and last Emperor of Ethiopia.
26. Nigeria has the most monarchs in the world.
27. Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal.
28. Former Angolan President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos has ruled Angola from 1979 to 2017.
29. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, is Africa’s longest serving Head of State, he has ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979 when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His son, Teodoro Obiang Mangue is his vice president.
30. The 25th current president of Liberia George Tawlon Manneh Oppong Ousman Weah, is the first man to win world European and African footballer of the year in the same year.
31. Swaziland is the only remaining absolute monarch in the world.
32. The Gambia is the smallest country in the mainland Africa followed by Swaziland.
33. King Sobhuza II of Swaziland took the longest time in reigning Swaziland for 62 years as he was crowned in 1921 and died in August 1982 at the age of 83 years.
34. King Sobhuza II of Swaziland, married 70 wives, who gave him 210 children between 1920 and 1970.
35. Zimbabwe was the only country in the world where almost everybody was a billionare at one point.
36. Kenya is a beautiful tourist attraction country and resilient population. Also known for its notoriety in corruption and tribalism, currently ranked 3rd most corrupt country in the world.
37. The Congo war, which began in 1998 and lasted until 2006, claimed the second highest number of casualties (5.4 million lives) after World War II. The conflict involved eight African countries.
38. Angola (HDI: 0.581, 147th, medium) produces more oil than Qatar (HDI: 0.856, 37th, very high) which import most of its food, on top of that Angola is among the leading producer of Diamonds in the world.
39. Africa produces 71% of tantalum, without that, manufacturing of computer would come to a standstill.
40. Kenya, which has a big estates farms owned by foreign individuals, companies and local politicians and big local business people, contrary to Uganda, it has recorded that Uganda is the major exporter of food to Kenya.